Thursday, January 6, 2011

Lean Mean Crafting Machine!

Hi everyone - I am pleased to say I am fully recovered now and after a week of sick leave I kept myself busy by crafting and watching Quantum Leap! I use to watch this when I was alot younger then I am now!(I feel old!) but thanks to Graham for lending me the entire box set I have started watching them from the beginning and love it!

 and I have so much to show you all, this Christmas in CafeCreate we all took part in Secret Santa and will be exchanging gifts this Saturday - I got partnered with the lovely Kym, the rules of the gift is to hand craft something and to buy a gift at a ten euro limit so I decided to make her a craft purse, somewhere that she could keep her crochet hooks, tape, pins etc... Kym will be returning to Thailand in a couple of months so I wanted something to remind her of her friends in Galway




 I lined it with some pretty seasonal fabric



I also made her this:I decided to keep in the same theme of things and decided to sew her a crochet hook holder







I also managed to crochet a couple of hats, I made the hat below for the Harry Potter group I'm in on Ravelry, we were asked to make something mushroom inspired ...


I also made a miniature mushroom for my husband, the hat was Inspired by toadstool mushrooms!



I also made the below hat as a gift for a girl in the states, I really enjoyed making this pattern up using front and back post stitches to give it some texture





The last thing I have to show you is something I have been working on since before Christmas, I started off making the Holy Family as a decoration for Morgan




"Oh Holy Night"

I enjoyed making it so much and got so many compliments I decided I could not stop there! and decided to make the three wise men, Gaspar, Balthasar, and Melchior.





"We Three Kings "


Next I decided to add the poor old shepard and Angel to the collection!


 The Shepard holds a sheep and the Angel holds the Star of David


"Silent Night"


and now the finished collection - I am so proud of these 


also Hello to Andrea at Lush Stuff, we had a lovely chat on the phone the last night and I'm delighted to meet a new friend through the land of Blogs! I look forward to meeting this talented woman soon for some tea! also thanks to soon information from Andrea I will be applying to attend a evening coarse in dress making at our local college and to say I'm excited is an understatement! Anyway I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! x

6 comments:

  1. Nice crochet pouches that you can make now that you have a sewing machine too. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crochet Nativity is brilliant hun! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the holy family, especialy the 3 kings!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Neen :) I love all your crocheted items, I am sure the recipients of the crochet hook holders will just love them, also, your Nativity set is fab, I really love it, well done!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects! I'm glad you are feeling better, I used to love watching Quantum leap too :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment - I will always try to answer them here, Have a lovely day xxx