Wednesday, March 16, 2011

10 reasons I love being Irish!

10.
Chef Brown Sauce, so tasty on veggies or even just bread

9.
Bacon and Cabbage, more to the point- my mums bacon and cabbage is the best in Galway - so if you are ever on holiday over here - I would like to invite you all to my mothers house for dinner! (she wont mind, honest!) ;)

8.
The Irish weather, Ok the rain! I love that it can be a wonderfully sunny day in October and yet snow and rain in March! crazy!

7.
The Irish country side- beautiful

6.
The Irish Language. I wish I was more fluent in it then I am - but can you guys guess what Im saying now?
Gaeilge breá! Fág nóta tráchta

5.
The Music. I have always loved "old" music- but a love of mine is the old Irish songs - the above video is of one of my favorites, I love it as it is set in my home town of Galway - My grandmother is currently visiting us from Manchester and already I have a book of lyrics for when we get together to have a singsong!

4.
myspace layout codes

No matter where in the world you go - when people know your from Ireland they become ten times more friendly! it must be because us Irish are great craic! ;)

3.
Tayto Sandwiches, Taytos are an Irish branded potato chip/crisp but better ;) and lovely on bread!

2.
Poetry by Irish men and women- let me share one of my favorite pieces by W.B Yeats

HAD I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet,
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

1.
I love That Ireland supports the right of unborn children, I am Pro Life and to me this is very important, Ireland is the only country I know of to support this.

Have a wonderful St. Patricks day everyone and thank you all for the lovely comments also remember to keep warm, drink tea and smile an Irish smile! x

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Nina, and a wonderful tribute to all things Irish. I especially liked the poem by Yeats. One of my good friends is Irish and goes back often to visit family. I have some Irish in my heritage and always celebrate St. Patty's Day. We're having corned beef brisket and cabbage tomorrow with some good Guinness stout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Neen, some great reasons to love been Irish :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not irish but i love ireland too =D
    my favorite place in all world is Galway.... cliffs of moher

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment - I will always try to answer them here, Have a lovely day xxx