Friday, March 5, 2010

How to crochet Neen's Twisted Shawl


Sitting down on the sofa, I wondered what I would wear to this weeks CafeCreate meeting - I wanted a shawl but I wanted something with an edge, something never seen before and then the "Twisted Shawl" was born!





How to crochet Neen's Twisted Shawl

An original design by neencrochet

HDC - Half Double Crochet

Using a 15mm crochet hook

Step one

Chain 54(S-M)
64 (M-L)
(or however many is needed to fit around your shoulders)

Step two
HDC, Ch 1 in third chain from hook, *Skip next stitch and HDC in next,chain one* (repeat from * across)

Step three
*Turn work
chain three, HDC in next stitch, chaining 1 after each HDC across*
Repeat from * until you get desired width

when you are finished, twist your wrap and stitch up the back, and there you go in three simple steps you have made a crochet shawl with a difference!!

I hope you enjoy making this as much as I did designing it and please let me see your shawl when it is finished

please note:
I have no problem giving my patterns for free to other crafters, all I ask that if posting this pattern up on any site that you link it to me and keep my name on it - however if selling any object made from my pattern please ask my permission first -  also DO NOT claim this pattern as your own, it has been copyrighted. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is fab Neen! I'll definitely be crocheting this when I get myself a 15mm hook, lol. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how adorable! I'll also make it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Neen, I will attempt to make it when I have finished my poncho and hat. Many thanks:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment - I will always try to answer them here, Have a lovely day xxx