Sunday, August 28, 2011

I met Maureen O'Hara!!.....well kinda

Today Elizabeth and Thady, my in laws took Morgan and I on a drive to Ashford Castle in Cong Co.Mayo as we drove into the beautiful city we were so happy to see that we had visited during The Quite Man festival as it was here that the John  Wayne movie was filmed! 




we grabbed a bite to eat in a lovely bar/B&B, in Cong the one thing I noticed is how well kept it is, outside each building baskets full of roses hand - it is so beautiful






Once we finished our lunch we headed to the stunning castle, Ashford Castle is surrounded by such beauty - it was first built in 1228



The Quite Man has always been a film close to my heart and for one reason only Maureen O'Hara! I love this woman, What a surprise for us that when walking through the castle gates we were met by a parade and the woman herself!




Maureen O'Hara!!


She was just as stunning today as ever! it was such a surprise as we didnt know she was going to be there! below is a clip for anyone who hasnt seen it yet-


we also saw Dana too,for those who do not know her she became famous in 1970 for winning the eurovision for Ireland


We walked around the castle taking in the views and enjoying the sunshine


My handsome husband, arent I lucky!

Thady, Elizabeth and Morgan





Enjoy your week everyone! can you believe its almost Monday :(

2 comments:

  1. Oh FUN! I LOVE that movie, LOVE Maureen O'Hara & LOVE Dana!! What a beautiful, fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day out you had! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment - I will always try to answer them here, Have a lovely day xxx